Saturday, August 7, 2010

I wrote these, for what purpose remains a mystery...

-Great elation takes a leap,
I arrived at this destination too soon.

The beasts of tomorrow glut
themselves on today's fodder.

Ambient noise is the song of
their union.

Let's raze the world in the
comfort of our ignorance.

-Ode to Customers-
Fellow travelers in the channel,
I'll direct your rudder.

Frustration abounds in tones,
I'll set all to right.

We duel with pleasantries,
your's mostly lacking.

You make life a less than
tolerable hell.

From Garrison Keillor, as far as I know, a poem I can't ever remove from memory.

Here on this Summer night
in the grass and lilac smell,
drunk on the crickets and the starry sky.
Oh, what fine stories we could tell,
with this moonlight to tell them by.

No comments:

Post a Comment