Friday, August 12, 2011

My graphic novel collection

There's a shelf in my room that I look at often with warm eyes of fondness. It's stocked, I should say packed tight, only with my most cherished graphic novels. Gazing from left to right I can see my favorite titles beaming at me from the spines, perhaps beckoning me to pick them out. I almost always give in.

The collection that calls this shelf home consists of volumes of, in my opinion, some of the greatest comics to have ever been published. There's a hardcover collection of Dave Steven's Rocketeer, Mike Allred's Madman from the series' early Tundra days up to the end of the Darkhorse run, Bob Burden's Flaming Carrot and Mystermen, Mike Mignola's Hellboy, the newest Darkhorse series of Robert E. Howard's Conan, Eric Powell's The Goon, Ben Edlund's The Tick, Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the works of Alan Moore (V up to the most recent League of Extraordinary Gentlemen publication), James O'Barr's The Crow, select DC volumes of Batman (the works of Miller, Cooke, and Mazzucchelli), Superman for All Seasons, Joss Whedon and John Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men, John Romita Sr's Amazing Spider-Man Visionaries volume one, Frank Miller's Daredevil Visionaries volume one, the complete Sandman series including Dream Hunters and the two Death graphic novels, David Petersen's Mouse Guard, a few volumes of Hellblazer, Craig Thompson's Blankets, and quite a few volumes of Jaime Hernandez's Love and Rockets.

Like I said, it's a full shelf. There are others in my collection that I enjoy, but the volumes listed are at the top of the list.

Time to excuse myself from writing as I dive into volume one of Mignola's Hellboy. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment