Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Moon

Tonight I watched a film I've had my eye on since long before its official release. "Moon," directed by Duncan Jones and starring Sam Rockwell, is one of the best, most human science-fiction films I've seen.

For those who have seen Douglas Trumbull's "Silent Running," and those who have read Isaac Asimov's "I, Robot," there is much in this film to draw comparisons with. I won't go into enough detail to spoil the plot but I will say that the questions of ethics that arise and the feeling one get's for the society the character exists apart from really pull at one's interest and challenge personal philosophies.

It's a fantastic drama about personal revelation, existence, and what's make a human a human. I would highly recommend this film to any who are interested in a great story that deals with the previously mentioned themes and who enjoy such in a wonderful science-fiction setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment