Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nihongo (日本語) - My New Language Study

Throughout my time in High School and College I've learned that a hidden passion of mine was learning new languages. Whether it was French or German, I plowed through the lessons, acquiring vocabulary and grammar without much issue. There were great challenges, sure, but in retrospect, and considering what I've remembered, I don't think I've had as much fun with anything as I've had learning new languages.

Bearing in mind this linguistic passion, I've begun to apply myself to a language I've considered learning since I was in Middle School, Japanese. The Japanese language is one which provides marvelous philological opportunities. Its history is considerable and its makeup is complex without being too intimidating.

I'll try to post new findings and knowledge as I proceed through this new branch of personal study. I hope through such efforts I can reinforce what I gather from the study of Japanese and maintain a helpful log of knowledge acquisition. Here's hoping it goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment